When the Church was Founded
The organization was founded in 1912 by J.W. Manns. He bought property from Cora S. Cassels on November 29th 1912. Next, he made arrangements for the church to purchase the property from him on October 15th 1915. Then, the church borrows money from the bank Dec 03, 1915.
The Church Original Name
They were originally called “Christian Negro Seventh Day Adventists.” Officially the church was incorporated on March 23rd 1915, under the laws of the state of Georgia. It was advertised in the Savannah Tribune, a public gazette of Chatham County Georgia once a week for a month, April 10th 17th and 24th and May 1st successfully on the 4th day of May 1915.
Their Name Changed
In 1916 they petitioned to have their name changed to the General Assembly of the Free Seventh Day Adventists. The State of Georgia granted the name change July 6th 1923, and they maintained theirexact status it held under its former name, which was March 23rd 1915.